Having been certified by ISO 14001, in 2015 STELMA T.S.A. proceeded to unify its Management Systems into one integrated Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Management System (QHSE MS), towards the goal of upgrading its operation, production and control processes and of providing services aimed at maintaining a high level of quality, ensuring environmental sustainability and respecting human health and safety.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT POLICY
STELMA T.S.A. is committed to implementing projects and providing services in compliance with international legislation on issues of Health and Safety at Work and on Environmental Management and Sustainability. In recent years, the company has developed and implemented a Health, Safety and Environment Management System (HSE) in accordance with the most recognized international standards, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, resulting in the company being awarded the relevant certification and the creation of a strict HSE Policy.
The principles stipulated in this Policy are:
- Collaboration on HSE issues with all parties involved in every project (employees, Client, designers, subcontractors, and any participating Authority).
- Provision of the necessary financial resources for the full implementation of the HSE Management System on all the company’s operations.
- Implementation of the System through delegation of responsibility and the cultivation of a culture that encourages protection and conscientiousness on the part of the employees.
- Ensuring the employees’ ability to execute the duties assigned to them, by providing them with all the necessary information, guidelines, supervision and professional training.
- Encouraging employees to participate on HSE processes.
- Zero tolerance for non-permitted behaviours and rewarding of exemplary conduct.
- Establishment of measurable indexes to evaluate the System’s effectiveness.
- Close monitoring by company management of the System’s performance, in order to proceed to regular reviews of the HSE Policy based on the needs and size of the company’s activities each time.
STELMA is involved in high-risk projects and holds employee training certificates by approved domestic and foreign bodies. The following is an indicative list:
- Training Certificate for Work at Height Using Ropes, from IRATA International Rope Access Organisation
- Training Certificates for Work at Height Using Ropes, from Private French and European organizations
- Training Certificates in Using Detecting Equipment and Devices for Dangerous Gases (H2, S etc.), from the North Aegean Petrol Company (NAPC)
- Training Certificates for Safe Work in Confined Spaces (approved by HSE)
- Training Certificates for Aerial Transportation of Heavy Weights (approved by HSE)
- Competency Certificates for executing work in areas under low and high voltage
- Competency Certificates for handling lifting machinery such as nacelle/ cherry pickers, scissor lifts, etc.
- Certificates for the disposal of waste from the company’s production processes, from certified/ competent organizations
Within the framework of harmonization with the latest specifications and requirements of environmental management, since 2011 the company is a member of the Hellenic Solid Waste Management Association (HSWMA).
Commitment to Quality
STELMA T.S.A. is committed to execute works and implement projects that fully meet the expressed requirements and reasonable expectations of its Clients. This commitment is realized through the development and implementation of an Integrated Quality Management System, which fully complies with the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard and is founded on the following principles:
- Understanding of present and future Client needs, satisfaction of Quality and Technical Integrity requirements, and effort to exceed Client expectations.
- Establishment of an in-house environment that enables employee participation in the harmonization, implementation and improvement of the company’s Quality System.
- Provision of guidelines and supervision by the company’s management, for the joint commitment of all its executives to the company’s Quality mission and goals.
- Active participation of human resources, exploitation of their abilities towards the achievement of the company’s commitment, and tangible recognition of their contributions.
- Adoption of the principle of approaching all of the company’s activities as processes and managing them as an integrated system of interrelated processes, which ensures the achievement of its goals.
- Adoption of the continuous improvement of the company’s overall performance as a permanent goal, by implementing Performance Measuring Indexes covering the entire range of the company’s activities.
- Decision-making based on the analysis of data collected through the implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Creation of mutually beneficial relationships with the company’s suppliers and subcontractors.
GOALS – CERTIFICATES
Our company’s goal is to provide excellent and direct customer service while offering high-quality services, which are sufficiently provided by our capable and experienced administrative and technical personnel, and certify our reliability. We also promote pure technological advancement by using state of the art equipment, so that the provided services meet the most recent international technical standards. The following is an indicative list:
- Steel Structures painting council (SSPC)
- British standards code of practice • Swedish standards (SIS) • American standard (Exxon)
- ASTM, API, ASME, ISO, DNV, DVS, BS, NS & DIN
- VGB Directives
Specifically in regards to anti-corrosion treatment – painting of surfaces, except for a plethora of supervising executives who are certified as FROSIO Level III paint inspectors, STELMA T.S.A. also employs specialized technicians-painters and foremen who are certified by the French organization ACQPA (Association pour la Certification et la Qualification de la Peinture Anticorrosion) for these specific activities.
Furthermore, through its French branch, STELMA has been certified by Qualibat, the French organization for the certification of experience and quality of provided services by technical companies, in the “Industrial Painting” category.
Additionally, STELMA, which is for several years now a member of the GEPI, the French Association of Industrial Painting Enterprises, has the ability to produce good performance – project quality guarantees through the Office of Homologation of Industrial Painting Guarantees (OHGPI), a closed group of specialized and fully reliable paint manufacturers and applicators.
In terms of thermoplastic protection, a specialized work team inside STELMA’s manpower has been certified for the thermoplastic welding of PP, ΗDPE, PVC (warm gas electrode and extrusion welding) by the internationally renowned firm STEULER-KCH GmbH.
Overall, the company’s human resources follow and stay updated on the latest technological developments, in order to extend the areas of application of the provided services. In this way, we are certain of our abilities and we guarantee the quality of our work. In this framework, we maintain and improve the high specifications of our services.